A fully integrated cloud communications platform helps accommodate a better patient experience and engagement (whether they’re at the doctor’s office or their own bedroom).
If there’s any industry that demands real-time, anytime, anywhere accessibility, it’s healthcare.
In recent years, the uptick in mobile clinics, in-home care specialists, and telehealth providers have extended the workplace of healthcare providers well beyond the examination room. Patient care has evolved (certainly since the pandemic), and patient needs and expectations have evolved with them.
An example? According to McKinsey & Company, the use of virtual care in 2022 is 38 times higher than pre-pandemic levels. In that spirit, Mordor Intelligence suggests the Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) market will grow at a rate of 18.3% in the healthcare space up to the year of 2026, enabling the sector to provide a better quality of patient care.
What is UCaaS? Essentially, it’s an "all-in-one," cloud-based communications solution that unifies your many channels for communicating and conducting business — phone system, team chat and messaging, video conferencing, file collaboration and more — under one manageable platform.
A fully integrated cloud communications platform helps accommodate a better patient experience and engagement (whether they’re at the doctor’s office or their own bedroom). It also unifies the many tentacles of communication (voice, video, chat, file sharing, etc.) into a secure package that operates under the scrutiny of HIPAA compliance.
3 Ways Your Healthcare Organization Could Benefit From Unified Communications.
1. Enhance the Patient Experience.
No one wants to wait on hold or be passed around to multiple departments when they’ve got an urgent question concerning their own personal health. With a single, integrated cloud communications platform, staff can handle any volume of inbound queries across multiple channels, supported by integrated phone, chat, text, video conferencing, screen sharing, and more.
- Engage patients through any channel: Engage patients or caregivers through their preferred channels, moving easily between integrated phone, chat, text, video, call center, email, and secure file sharing.
- Answer patient queries fast and effectively: Field patients’ queries quickly, and answer their questions the first time with effective call routing. Minimize wait times and transfers with interactive voice response (IVRs) and intelligent routing.
- Send timely reminders: Assist patients with proactive communications via dynamic notifications. Minimize appointment no-shows by setting up timely, repeatable appointment reminders, and delivering automatic prescription refill notices and other alerts – all via voice, text, and email.
2. Maximize Staff Productivity.
The healthcare sector, like most other industries, has certainly embraced remote work as a means to heighten productivity and increase any given facility’s professional resources. Clinicians and staff (whether they’re in the office or conducting virtual exams from home) need to be empowered to connect with both patients and colleagues before during, and after each appointment.
- Work from anywhere: An integrated cloud communications platform enables your staff to stay connected regardless of location. Use a Mobile App to easily answer and route calls between admin functions and clinicians.
- Support virtual visits with video conferencing: Virtually interact with patients through easy-to-use high-definition video, screen sharing, collaboration features, and secure file sharing.
- Work smarter, not harder: With an integrated phone, chat, video conferencing, screen sharing, and file backup, your staff can switch seamlessly between communications channels and spend more time caring for patients and less time on administrative tasks.
3. Improve Operational Efficiency and Security.
Have plans on expanding staffing? Moving locations? Interested in the benefits of UCaaS but concerned (and rightly so) about potential HIPAA Compliance red flags?
Investing in a cloud communications platform empowers healthcare organizations to dramatically increase operational efficiency while protecting data privacy and security. Scale in a budget-friendly manner without rewiring or purchasing new on-site hardware – and it’s secure and reliable for all your staff and patient communications.
- Operate with HIPAA-compliant security: A reputable UCaaS partner can strategically meet the privacy and security requirements for Protected Health Information (PHI), including HIPAA and PIPEDA compliance, HITRUST certification, communication and recording encryption, roles-based authentication, and more. Patient data is private and protected under the blanket of a secure cloud.
- Save money: Enjoy one flat rate for all calls nationwide with a range of services like internet fax and conference calling – without the complexity of multiple bills. Say goodbye to hidden landline costs for upgrades, maintenance, and support.
- Scale and flexibility: A cloud-based communications platform is easy to scale and manage. Add temporary staff during periods of higher call volumes and expand your talent pool to non-local markets. If you need to expand or move locations, it’s simple to create a new account, port numbers, and drop ship new phones — all from a central account.
Where people work, and how they choose to communicate, continue to transform. At Datamax, we're ready to help you embrace the evolution of how your patients expect to be treated, and how your staff expects to perform daily tasks. Interested in learning more about UCaaS? Let's visit!