Your biggest security vulnerability could be sitting on your copier’s paper tray right now, unclaimed and open to the public.
Secure Print is a printing methodology that requires the end user to release the job from the device, via Authentication (PIN# or ID card). Introducing this method into your print environment eliminates security vulnerabilities associated with unclaimed (or wrongly claimed) documents at your printer; it also enables administrators to manage storage on a device by setting time limits for a document to be printed.
Secure Print simply means no print job left behind. Consider the two scenarios below, and ask yourself if you’ve ever:
- Gone to pick up a print job, only to realize someone else has grabbed all (or a portion of) your documents?
- Hit “Ctrl+P” and then forget? You’ve left an unclaimed document, with potentially confidential information, for the taking. You’re also more than likely going to print that document a second time.
Print confidential documents confidently with Secure Print.
- Protect confidential information in a workgroup setting
- Keep print jobs separated from other users
- Save costs by eliminating jobs left at the print device
- Configure the timeframe in which a print job is deleted.
Print from anywhere with a Print Management engagement.
Pull print functionality enables print jobs to follow users from one device to another irrespective of location or make or model. This feature has many names: My Print Anywhere (uniFLOW), Find-Me-Printing (PaperCut), Print Release (Lexmark), FollowMe Printing, etc. However, it essentially goes beyond standard authentication measures and offers users the convenience to print from the supported device of their choosing. Advantages include:
- Empower remote workers with BYOD/mobile device printing
- Change print settings at the device to avoid sending job again
- Retrieve documents conveniently at the device of your choosing
- Ease administrators’ burden with single queue printing
Tired of leaving print jobs behind? Concerned about security vulnerabilities that come with it? Schedule your conversation with a Datamax Print Specialist!
HOW DO I GET STARTED WITH SECURE PRINT? ›