Managed Network Services
The freedom to focus on other strategic IT initiatives.
With the onset of big data, mobility, and the cloud, the management requirements of IT are compounding at an unprecedented rate. In addition, achieving mission-critical business objectives has become increasingly dependent on IT infrastructure performance. With approximately 70% of IT investment dedicated to “keeping the lights on” – providing basic infrastructure connectivity and security – there is precious little left for strategic projects that can enhance the business. Nearly every company relies on IT to stay in business. To stay ahead, smart companies will outsource some or all of their fundamental (the network, security, backup) technology management needs to allow internal IT resources to focus on true use of IT for competitive advantage. In fact, a Gartner Report estimates that ”By 2016, 60% of the SMBs will use managed network services for some aspect of their IT managed services and support.”
Datamax Managed Network Services (MNS) offerings provide companies with expertise and guidance for managing foundational IT infrastructure technology. During IT Managed Services engagements, our certified network consultants take a long-term view of network operations, fine-tune server performance to optimize system functionality, and resolve end-user workstation issues.
Benefits of Datamax MNS engagements include:
- Long-term infrastructure stability and exposure to industry best practices for security, data back-up, and disaster recovery
- Remote monitoring and system management
- Software licensing administration and documentation
- Insulation from an over-reliance on key individuals and IT staff turnover
- Non-biased business technology guidance
- Better communications and support dialog
- Faster, team-based approach to problem resolution
- Proactive system and asset performance optimization
- Recommendations and training for help users become more efficient at daily software tasks
- Freedom to focus on other strategic IT projects
The Datamax MNS program, referred to as TechCare, consists of four (4) key areas: end user outreach & support, advanced monitoring, proactive network administration, and virtual CIO services. While our goal is to prevent any issues, when they do occur our end user support desk consists of dedicated resources that assist end users in quickly resolving the issue and getting them back to work. Communication is a hallmark of our service with continuous monitoring of several internal key performance indicators related to client communication and outreach.
Okay, so at this point maybe you’ve decided that you need an MNS solution for upgrading your existing provider or supplementing your existing IT staff … now what? Finding the right Managed Network Service partner can be very challenging.
What to look for in an MNS provider:
- Does the MNS provider have experience is designing the innovative solutions? You should be looking for a track record of success, the metrics utilized to track their service delivery, and the length of time they have been in business.
- What certifications does the potential partner hold? You should be looking for a partner that has established relationships with vendors and the associated certifications. These programs provide partners with preferred access to support resources. In addition, you should look at the certifications of the partner’s technical team. A partner that is serious about technical excellence will have a growth plan for their engineers.
- Does the MNS provider understand your unique business requirements? Many MNS providers are a group of gear-heads who understand technology, but not how technology impacts the business. Look for a partner that is able to have a business discussion with you and understand where you are, where you want to be, and the budgetary restrictions that exist. If you can’t get past the geek-speak, it’s not going to be a good partnership.
- How does the MNS provider communicate with you? Most MNS providers consist of a group of engineers, but no project managers or operational support team. Look for MNS Providers that have a dedicated, business-oriented support team. This should be the group that can understand your needs and engage the appropriate technical resources to address those needs.
If you are interested in more information about a Managed Network Services (MNS) engagement, or are thinking about a change, consider Datamax. As a long-standing Microsoft Gold Partner, our seasoned team of technical specialists possesses decades of experience, and through TechCare, can help you cut costs, minimize downtime, improve stability within your network infrastructure, and free up time and resources for other strategic IT intiatives. Let’s visit!
Mark, Industry: Manufacturing
“Our company has used Datamax for all of our IT needs for the past seven years. We could not be more pleased. Truthfully, with the incredible reliance that we place on our server and desktop computers and the speed at which changes take place in this industry, I do not know how we would function with any degree of confidence without their services. The monthly service calls always are helpful, and our primary contact, Richard, has become like one of the family here at our company. We have presented him with numerous challenges (most of which needed immediate response), and he was always up to the task. We have also been very impressed with the rest of the behind-the-scenes Datamax support staff. We would, without hesitation, recommend Datamax for anyone's IT needs. In fact, we have, on numerous occasions.”
Mary, Industry: Government
“Below is a list of attributes Jason (our Technology Consultant) brings to the City each week he is onsite: a) Has a thorough knowledge of the City's network, b) Is aggressive in troubleshooting and getting answers to questions related to outstanding network issues, c) Very interested and involved in project planning and support, d) Always finding ways of making our network work more efficiently and adheres to "best practices" recommendations by industry standards, and e) Always concerned about security vulnerabilities from both inside and outside the network. Jason is professional, diligent, and well received by our employees. He represents himself and Datamax in a positive manner. Our city appreciates Datamax and the entire support team for the services it provides."
Justin, Industry: Sporting Goods
“From the beginning, Datamax has been an extremely huge help. Because my responsibilities are split, I can trust Datamax to resolve our IT needs in a timely and professional manner. Each person I have worked with has been professional, courteous, and hard working. Thank you Datamax for all that you do!"